Images are representations only.
LTX22 Capacitance Level TransmitterBrand: Intempco Controls, Inc.
The Intempco LTX22 is a capacitance level sensor designed for modulating level control of liquids in metallic tanks.
The probe is normally installed in a steam boiler, or metal tank, where it is grounded through the process fitting, the boiler tank forming the ground return path.
It can be used in a non-conductive tank if an grounding reference rod is provided. The probe measures level by measuring the change in capacitance as level changes in the tank.
The micro-processor based electronics converts this capacitance change into a linear, highly accurate output signal.
This signal may be used with one or more electronic modules to provide level control, level alarms, and/or outputs to a building management system.
The LTX22 is available with an enclosure and installed electronics or an enclosure and remotely installed electronics in a NEMA 4 box.
The connection is made via coax cable. Remote electronics are a preferred choice for higher ambient temperature applications.Features
- High pressure/temperature design for steam boilers
- Transmitter housed in rugged aluminum head or remotely
- Microprocessor based design
- Accuracy 1% of span for constant dielectric of material
- Non-interactive zero and span calibration
- Continuous 4-20 mA Analog output operation
- High pressure 1/2" and 3/4" fittings available
- Ceramic clad, inner stainless probe design
- ± 0.5 % of Full Span
Ambient Temperature Range
- -40° to 70° C (-40° to 158° F)
- Via 4 Push-Button Switches, Non-interactive Zero & Span
- 10 to 10,000 PF
- 1/2” NPT
- 3/4” NPT
- 0 to 30 seconds
- Integral 4-Digit LCD
Enclosure, Body Material
- NEMA 4
- Typical 4X
- 10 to 55 % Relative Humidity
- 700 ohms at 24 Vdc, Maximum
- 1/2” NPT Male
- 3/4” NPT Male
- 4-20 mA, 2-Wire Loop Powered
Power Supply Effect
- < 0.1 % of Output at, Maximum
- bar: 1 to 34
- kPa: 100 to 3,400
- psi: 14.5 to 500
Process Connection Material
- 316L Stainless Steel
- 2 to 30 seconds with Adjustable Damping Time
- Less than 2 to 3 seconds with No Damping Time
Sensor, Probe Diameter
- Probe O.D.: 1/2” (12.7 mm)
Sensor, Probe Material
- Probe: Ceramic Clad Stainless Rod
- Probe: Teflon PFA Clad Stainless Rod
- 12-32 Vdc
- High Pressure/Temperature Steam Boilers
- For Level Control in Building Management
- Water and Water-Based Liquids.
- On-Site Calibration Required
- Not Recommended Where Material Dielectric Changes
- Tank must be Conducive or Grounding May be Required or See Other Intempco Level Probes.
- Do Not Use in High Vibration/Shock Applications