The KOBOLD TSK flap style flow meter employs a hinged flap (vane) within the flow stream. As the flow rate changes, the flap rotates in its fitting.
The flap is attached to a mechanical measuring indicator via a dampening mechanism and a process sealing system, providing visual measurement of system flow.
The indicating mechanism can be fitted with optional adjustable setpoint switches, a 4-20 mA transmitter with HART® protocol or Profibus-PA®.
A wide variety of wetted materials are available, including 316L stainless steel, Hastelloy® C22, and PTFE, making this flap style flow meter suitable for numerous applications in measuring aggressive liquids.
The flap design leaves very little flow restriction; therefore, very little pressure drop exists across the flow meter.
The flap design is also very tolerant of dirty liquids and liquids containing large solids.Features
- Available Materials of Construction Include Stainless Steel, Hastelloy® C22, and PTFE
- Line Sizes from 1-1/2" to 20"
- Can Be Supplied for Horizontal or Vertical Piping Runs
- Flap Measuring Technique Yields Very Low Head Loss
- Excellent Tolerance to Dirty Liquids and Suspended Solids
- Optional Setpoint Switches, 4-20 mA with HART® or Profibus-PA®, Foundation Fieldbus®
- Superior Dampening System for Stable Flow Readings
- Calibrations for Media Density Available
- Certifications/Approvals: ATEX, IECEx, SIL
- 6.6-26 GPM to 880-6600 GPM
- ± 2.5 % of Reading
- 1-1/2” to 20” ANSI Flange or DIN Wafer
Maximum Operating Temperature
- 570° F