The PIT Probe-Type Insertion Magnetic Flow Meter is designed to measure the flow velocity of conductive liquids in large diameter pipes.
The insertion-style design makes it cost-effective for larger lines in comparison to large inline magnetic flow meters from the aspect of purchase price as well as installation cost.
This is because the insertion-probe design requires just a single bore hole in the side of the pipe instead of requiring an entire pipe section to be removed and reconfigured like inline magnetic flow meters.
Insertion magnetic flow meters also require significantly less material for construction and are not as costly to ship as they are smaller than large inline flow bodies, leading to cost savings.
The PIT can be provided with a valve assembly, which allows for insertion/extraction of the magnetic flow meter while the system is still pressurized and operating.
This allows for device removal with no fuss or significant process downtime.
The mounting armature can be supplied in stainless steel or with PFA cladding.Features
- Stainless Steel or PFA-clad Insertion Probe with SS, Hastelloy®, Platinum or Tantalum Electrodes
- For Conductive Media >20 µS/cm
- Flow Transmitter with 4-20mA/HART®, Pulse, and Status
- Remote or Integrally-Mounted Transmitter Available
- Valve Assembly Available for Insertion/Extraction Under Pressure
- Certifications/Approvals: ATEX
- 6” to 78”
- ± 1.5 % of Reading, ± 0.5 % of Span
- Insertion Weld Sleeve with ANSI or DIN Mounting Flange
- 1 to 10 m/s