Images are representations only.
LTX50 Miniature Capacitance Level TransmitterBrand: Intempco Controls, Inc
Intempco’s model LTX50 two-wire level transmitters are compact in design and ideal where installation space is limited or where tanks are small.
They are also excellent for mobile equipment applications. The LTX50 can be used to measure level of conductive or nonconductive liquids in metal tanks.
In non-metallic tanks, a ground reference electrode must be used, or refer to our model LTX60.
The LTX50 works on the RF principle and monitors level change by converting movement of media up or down the probe into pulse wave form which is proportional to changes in level.
The amplifier converts this pulse wave into a 4-20 mA output signal. The LTX50 comes complete with housing/fitting, probe, cable or connector and DIN rail remote transmitter.
Signal electronics are protected and potted within a metal fitting.
The connection between the sensor and the remote transmitter is made via a 3-conductor cable which can be up to a 1,000 feet (300 meters) long.
The calibration is accomplished via four push buttons, located on transmitter.Features
- Continuous loop-powered 4-20 mA operation
- Remote DIN Rail mounted transmitter, up to 1,000 feet (300 meters) away
- Compact hermetically sealed, vibration resistant construction
- 1/2" NPT thread standard, others available
- Probe PFA clad or stainless steel 316 bare
- Cable extension or M12 Micro-Connector
- Accuracy 1% of span for same dielectric
- ± 1 % of Full Span (Constant Dielectric)
Ambient Temperature Range
- -40° to 70° C (-40° to 158° F)
- Extension: 16.40 feet (5 metres)
- Extension: 6 to 999 feet (1.8 to 304.5 metres)
- Extension: 6.56 feet (2 metres)
- Via 4 Push-Button Switches Non-interactive Zero & Span
- 10 to 10,000 PF
- 0 to 30 seconds
- NEMA 6
Materials of Construction
- Extension: PVC
- Extension: Stainless Steel Armor
- Extension: Teflon
- 1/2” NPT Male
- 1/4” NPT Male
- 3/4” NPT Male
- 3/8” NPT Male
- 4-20 mA, Loop Powered
- bar: 1 to 7
- kPa: 100 to 700
- psi: 14.5 to 100
Process Connection Material
- 316 Stainless Steel
- 200° C (392° F) - Max.
- ± 0.1 % of Span
Sensor, Probe Length
- Probe: 2 to 36” (50.8 to 914.4 mm)
Sensor, Probe Material
- Probe: Bare 316 Stainless Steel
- Probe: PFA Teflon Jacketed
- 12-30 Vdc
- Electrical: Cable
- Electrical: M12 Micro-Connector (5-Pin Male)
- 316 Stainless Steel
- PFA Teflon
- Diesel Fuels, Other Fuels and Oils in Metallic or Non-metallic tanks
- Water Based Liquids in Metallic or Non-Metallic Tanks
- Acids Compatible With Stainless 316 and PFA Teflon in Metallic or Non-Metallic Tanks
- MEK and Other Solvents
- Chemical Holding Tanks, Metallic or Non-Metallic
- Measurement of Liquid Levels in Mobile Equipment
- On-Site Calibration May be Required
- Not Recommended Where Material Dielectric Varies Due to Change of Temperature or Pressure