The KOBOLD BGF metal-armored variable area flow meter is ideal for difficult applications requiring high pressure, high temperature operation or low pressure loss.
Its all-metal, armored design is available in stainless steel or PTFE-clad stainless steel.
This rotameter is unique in that its design employs a guided float and spring return mechanism that allows the BGF to be installed into both horizontal and vertical pipes.
In standard configuration, the flow meter is a purely mechanical meter suited for water and compressed gases in line sizes up to 3 inches.
Electronic limit switches and/or an analog flow transmitter may be added if desired.
Analog output is supplied standard with HART® protocol.
Profibus-PA® and Foundation Fieldbus® are also available as an option.
Available switches and analog outputs include those that operate via intrinsically safe methods of protection and may be used in hazardous areas where intrinsically safe installations are permitted.
Custom designs for high pressure operation, special fittings and special materials of construction are available upon request.Features
- 316 SS and PTFE-Lined SS Measuring Tubes
- Unique Variable Area Design for Horizontal and Vertical Installations
- Line Sizes to 3 Inches
- Direct Reading Scales Calibrated for Media, Density, Operating Pressure and Temperature
- Analog Output, HART®, Foundation Fieldbus, and Profibus-PA Available
- Special Versions for Process Temperatures up to 390 °F
- Certificates/Approvals: ATEX, IECEx, SIL
- 0.044-0.44 GPM to 26.4-264 GPM
- 0.17-1.7 SCFM to 100-1000 SCFM
- Per DIN Class - 2.0
Maximum Pressure Rating
- 580 psig Standard
- -40° F to 300° F
- -40° F to 390° F
- 1/2” to 3” ANSI Flanges
- 1/4” to 2” NPT Threads