Images are representations only.
NTS Capacitive Level Limit SwitchBrand: KOBOLD Instruments, Inc.
The KOBOLD NTS level limit switch for bulk goods operates on the capacitive measuring technique. The measuring pro be, tank or vessel wall form a capacitor.
The capacitance depends on the medium between probe and wall. If air is present (tank empty), the capacitance is low. As soon as product touches the probe, the capacitance increases.
This change in capacitance is detected electronically and converted to a switching signal when the capacitance rises above or drops below the limit. The instrument has a changeover feature for minimum/maximum safety.
The switch point is always accurately maintained by the "deposit compensation" even with deposit formation.
The effect of deposit compensation depends on the density of the coating on the probe, the conductance of the coating as well as the adjustable sensitivity. The NTS is adjusted at the factory; the sensitivity can be re-adjusted however.
For non-conductive vessels the earth connection must be attached to nearby conductive and earthed objects.
- Horizontal ± 0.118" (± 3 mm)
Ambient Temperature Range
- -40° to 70° C (-40° to 158° F)
- Level Monitoring in Powdery & Finegrained Bulk Materials
- G 1-1/2"
- 1" BSPT Male
- 1-1/2" BSPT Male
- 0.5 second - Switch Delay
- Terminal Connection
Enclosure / Body Material
- 0.28" (7 mm)
- psi: -14.5 to 362.6 (kPa: -100 to 2,500, bar: -1 to 25)
- 1 mA to 4 A, 6-253 V At, Maximum
- 200 mA - DC Version
- 0-253 Vac - AC/DC Version
- 10.8-45 Vdc - DC Version
- 130 mA - AC/DC Version
- 20-55 Vdc - AC/DC Version
- -40° to 120° C (-40° to 248° F)
Sensor / Probe Material
- Polyphenylene Sulphide (PPS)