Images are representations only.
TNK Resistance ThermometerBrand: KOBOLD Instruments, Inc.
Resistance thermometers are electrical temperature transmitters used in association with the appropriate analysis devices for displaying and regulating temperatures. They contain temperature-dependent measuring resistances fitted in a purpose-built mounting.
The new Type TNK resistance thermometers are a special design for use in shipbuilding and mechanical engineering and meet the high demands for robustness, reliability, impact resistance, shock and vibration resistance in accordance with the specifications set by Germanische Lloyd and Deutsche Bahn (German State Railways).
Ideally suited for temperature measurement in diesel engines. The resistance thermometer's sensor is made of brass, bronze or stainless steel. The terminal head is made of saltwater resistant aluminium and is available with various different cable entry points.
Using various threaded nipple or terminal clamps; the sensor can be mounted in the pipe or on the machine.
The measuring resistances can be replaced without having to remove the mounting. Because it has four terminals it is particularly easy to connect it into 3- or 4-lead technology. For critical applications the sensor is also available as double measuring resistance.
- Class A
- Class B
Ambient Temperature Range
- -30° to 100° C (-20° to 212° F)
- Diesel Engines
- Engine Building
- Mechanical Engineering
- Power Unit Construction
- Ship Building
Approvals & Certifications
- G 1/2" Male
- M18 × 1.5 - Mechanical Connection
- Screw Terminal in the Round Connection Head
Enclosure / Body Material
- Saltwater-Resistant Aluminum
Materials of Construction
- Galvanized Steel - Compression Fittings
- Nickel-Plated Brass - Double Nipple
- Saltwater-Resistant Bronze - Double Nipple
- Stainless Steel - Compression Fittings & Double Nipple
Maximum System Pressure
- psi: 232 (kPa: 1600, bar: 16) - Connection Code: D5, G4, M5 & N4
- psi: 725 (kPa: 5000, bar: 50) - Compression Fitting
- 1/2" NPT Male
Sensor / Probe Material
- 316Ti Stainless Steel
- Nickel-Plated Brass
Sensor / Probe Type
- -80° to 150° C (-112° to 302° F)