Images are representations only.
RCD Differential Pressure FlowmeterBrand: KOBOLD Instruments, Inc.
The KOBOLD flow meter model RCD is used for measuring and monitoring liquid and gas flows. The device works on the well-known principle of the Venturi nozzle.
A small pressure difference proportional to the flow is produced by the flowing medium at an orifice constriction (nozzle) in the device housing. The shape of the nozzle is based on the flow, whereby the flow characteristic remains constant over the entire measuring range.
Drill holes are located in the housing fitting to absorb the resulting differential pressure and transfer it to a differential pressure measuring cell fitted in the housing. If the flow is exceeded the differential pressure measuring cell is protected by locking pins.
On mechanical displays the flow rate measured by the pressure measuring cell is transferred via a pointer movement to the pointer indicator calibrated in l/min water or Nm3 /h air.
On electronic displays the mechanical motion is converted to an electrical signal by a Hall-sensor. Various electronic modules are then used to display and monitor the volumetric flow.
Special scales are available for all media at any pressure and any temperature.Features
- No Moving Parts
- Mounting Independent
- Self-monitoring of Measuring System
- Easy to Use
- ± 3 % of Full Scale
- 2 or 4 Buttons
Ambient Temperature Range
- Beverage & Semi-Luxury Food Industry
- Chemical Processing
- Heavy Equipment & Machinery
- Pharmaceutical Industries
- G 1"
- G 1/2"
- G 1-1/2"
- G 2"
- G 3"
- G 3/4"
- 4-20 mA
- 3-Digit LED Display
- 5-Digit Digital Display - ADI Electronics
- Bar Graph
- M12 × 1 Plug Connector
- Pluggable Terminal Block Via Cable Gland
- N/O or N/C Programmable
Enclosure / Body Material
- 316Nb Stainless Steel
- 316Ti Stainless Steel - Differential Pressure
- Aluminum Bronze
- Cast Aluminum - Display Case
- 0.5 - 5.35 to 300 - 2,750 Nm³/hour to Air
- 0.5-3.3 to 300-2,350 L/minute to Water
Materials of Construction
- 316Ti Stainless Steel - Pressure Measuring Cell, Venturi Nozzle
- psi: 580.2 (bar: 40, kPa: 4,000)
- 1" NPT
- 1/2" NPT
- 1-1/2" NPT
- 2" NPT
- 3" NPT
- 3/4" NPT
- psi: 580.2 (kPa: 4,000, bar: 40)
- 270° - Display
- 0-10 Vdc - ADI Electronics
- 5 A at 250 Vac Resistive
- 5 A at 30 Vdc
- 500 ohms, Maximum
- 1 (2) PNP or NPN Semiconductor
- Relay Output
- psi: 0 to 8.7 (kPa: 0 to 60, bar: 0 to 0.6)
- -20° to 100° C (-4° to 212° F)
- 1 % of Full Scale
Seat / Seal Material
- 10 to 40 Vdc - ADI Electronics
- 100 to 240 Vac ± 10 % - ADI Electronics
- 18 to 30 Vac - ADI Electronics
- 3-Wire 24 Vdc ± 10 %, Approximately 100 mA
- NPN or PNP, Normally Open / Normally Closed