Images are representations only.
LTR51 Self-Adjusting “Smart” Radar Level SensorBrand: Intempco Controls, Inc.
The LTR51 Series radar level sensors are designed for applications requiring non-contact level measurement, in which ultrasonic level measurement is not acceptable.
The LTR51 Series radar technology can be adjusted for variables such as materials to be measured, vessel configuration, and system interface.
These sensors are ideal when vapor, dust, or a foaming surface prevents ultrasonic-wave measurements.
The LTR51 Series radar sensors can detect the level under a layer of light dust or airy foam, but if the dust particle size increases, or if the foam or dust gets thick, they will no longer detect the liquid level.
Instead, the level of the dust or foam will be measured. Internal piping, deposits on the antenna, multiple reflections, or reflections from the wall can interfere with the proper operation of the radar sensor.
Other sources of interference are rat-holing and bridging of solids, as well as angled process material surfaces that can reflect the radar beam away from the receiver.Features
- Self adjusting tracking radar ideal for liquids
- Programmable (recommended) and simple push-button calibration
- Output 4-20 mA/20-4 mA (Isolated on 4-Wire model’s only )
- Optional RS232, RS485 for communications with calibration, diagnostics and data logging software
- Optional HART on 2-wire models
- PLC compatible (Modbus RTU)
- 2-wire DC loop-powered, 3-wire DC, or 4-wire isolated AC operation
- ± 0.1 % of, Max.
- ± 0.25 % of, Max.
- Loop Powered Display: ± 0.5 % of Reading
Approvals & Certifications
- FCC Part 15 - Low Power Communication Device
- Manual or Via Communications Port
- Installation Category: Class II
- HART (2-Wire Only)
- Modbus RTU
- Conduit Entry: 1/2” NPT x 2
- Threaded Wiring Access Cover: Aluminum
- Threaded Wiring Access Cover: Stainless Steel
- Head Mounted LCD Display
- Loop Powered Display: 4-1/2-Digit LCD 1/2” High
Enclosure, Body Material
- Stainless Steel
- NEMA 6
- 5.8 to 6.3 GHz
- 0 to 95 % Non-Condensing
- Antenna Extension: 6” (150 mm) Only with Teflon Rod Antenna
- Antenna Extension: 8” (203.2 mm) Only with Teflon Rod Antenna
- Power Supply: 750 ohms, Max.
Materials of Construction
- Antenna: Polypropylene Rod
- Antenna: Teflon Rod
- Horn Antenna: 316L Stainless Steel
- 17 to 240 feet (5 to 73 metres)
- 1-1/2” NPT Male
- 2” NPT Male
- 3” NPT Male
- 20-4 mA
- 2-Wire with 16-30 Vdc Loop Powered
- 3-Wire with 12-30 Vdc Power
- 4-20 mA
- Transmit: 50 µW Average
- 115 Vac (± 20 %), 1.7 VA
- 12-30 Vdc, 0.07 A, Max.
- 16-30 Vdc (Loop Powered) 0.07 A, Max.
- 230 Vac (± 20 %), 1.7 VA
- bar: 0 to 5
- kPa: 0 to 500
- psi: 0 to 72.52
Principle of Operation
- Pulse Radar
- De-Coupler & PTFE Rod: -40° to 177° C (-40° to 350° F)
- PP Rod: -40° to 60° C (-40° to 140° F)
- Loop Powered Display: 3.5-22 mA
- 0.08 to 1.06” (2 to 26 mm)
- Output: 6.1 µA
- -40° to 60° C (-40° to 140° F)
- Loop Powered Display: 0.95 V at 20 mA
- Animal Fat Under High Temperature
- Chemicals with Vapors
- Food & Beverage
- Oils, Fuels, Water & Wastewater