Images are representations only.
OMH Screw Spindle-MeterBrand: KOBOLD Instruments, Inc.
The KOBOLD screw-type volumetric flowmeter based on the principle of positive displacement was developed in response to the need to measure and control viscous media.
It was specially designed to measure viscous media with non-abrasive properties. Variations in viscosity in the range 1 to 5000 mm2/s have no effect on measurement results within the measuring accuracy.
The KOBOLD screw-type volumetric flowmeter satisfies the stringent demands for greater accuracy, reliability and economic efficiency. Two spindles with cycloidal profiles form the basis of the screw-type volumetric flowmeter.
Spindles manufactured with extreme precision are supported at each end with a ball bearing.
The axially forced measuring medium causes the spindles to rotate uniformly.
The rotary motion is picked off with sensors and converted to a frequency signal. An exact measurement of the delivered flow volume is obtained with the volumetrically defined measuring chambers.
Combined with downstream evaluation electronics, the KOBOLD screw-type volumetric flowmeter becomes a flexible measurement and control system for viscous media.
- Chemical Industry: Acids & Iyes, Ethyl Alcohol, Freon
- Food Industry: Margarine, Fats, Liqueur, Oils
- Furnaces: EL Heating Oil, S Heating Oil, Diesel Oil
- Hydraulics: Hydraulic Oil, Lubricating Oil, Gear Oil
- Mixing & Dosing Systems: Polyhydroxy Alcohol, Isocyanate Additives for Gasoline, Cement
- Printing Inks
- Tests Stands
- G 1"
- G 1/2"
- G 1-1/2"
- G 2"
- G 3/4"
- G 4"
- 9.84 feet (3 metres) - PTFE Cable
- 9.84 feet (3 metres) PTFE Cable
Enclosure / Body Material
- Ductile Iron
- Steel 1.7139
Flange Size - 1" (DN 25)
- 1" (DN 25) - PN 400
Flange Size - 1/2" (DN 15)
- 1/2" (DN 15) - PN 400
Flange Size - 1-1/2" (DN 40)
- 1-1/2" (DN 40) - PN 400
Flange Size - 2" (DN 50)
- 2" (DN 50) - PN 400
Flange Size - 4" (DN 100)
- 4" (DN 100) - PN 250
Materials of Construction
- Ceramic - Dry Sleeve
- -20° to 200° C (-4° to 392° F)
- 10-30 Vdc
- 5-25 Vdc
- M18 × 1 with O-Ring in the Case