Images are representations only.
BGF Full Metal Variable Area Flowmeter/CounterBrand: KOBOLD Instruments, Inc.
Inside the flow tube, there is a star guided float which works towards a spring. An annular gap is produced between the cone-shaped magnet system and the meter ring in case of flows other than zero. The position of the magnet system depends on the resulting force of all forces acting upon it.
These forces comprise the flow force, a spring force acting opposite to the flow force, and the buoyancy and weight force significant for the measurements in case of vertical installation.
Each position of the magnet holder corresponds to a flow value measured during calibration, which is transferred to a scale. The BGF flowmeter consists of a meter tube with connections, a meter ring, and a conical magnet holder. By means of a magnet, the position of the magnet system is transferred to an encapsulated follow magnet, which has been fitted to a pointer axle.
The position of a second annular follow magnet fitted on the pointer axle is transferred to the scale by means of the pointer.
- ± 0.2 % - Inaccuracy by Transmitter
- ± 2 % of Full Scale - Liquid/Gas
Ambient Temperature Range
- -40° to 80° C (-40° to 176° F)
Approvals & Certifications
- BVS 03-ATEX-H/B 112
- DMT 00-ATEX-E 075
- Ex II 2 G EEx ia IIC T6
- ES with HART-Protocol - Transmitter
- ES with HART-Protocol & Counter Module - Transmitter
- ES with PROFIBUS-PA - Transmitter
- FOUNDATION Fieldbus Protocols
Enclosure, Body Material
- Aluminum - Stove-Enameled
- Stainless Steel
Flange Size - 1" (DN 25)
- 1" (DN 25) - PN 40
Flange Size - 1/2" (DN 15)
- 1/2" (DN 15) - PN 40
Flange Size - 1-1/2" (DN 40)
- 1-1/2" (DN 40) - PN 40
Flange Size - 2" (DN 50)
- 2" (DN 50) - PN 40
Flange Size - 3" (DN 80)
- 3" (DN 80) - PN 40
- ASME Class 150 RF
- 0.3 to 1,700 Nm³/hour - Air
- 10 to 60,000 L/hour - Water
- Counter Reset - Binary Input
- psi: 580.2 (bar: 40, kPa: 4,000)
- ES with HART-Protocol & 1 NAMUR-Switch / 1 Pulse Output - Transmitter
- Galvanically Isolated
- Inductive Switch - Standard & Safety Design
- Micro Switch
- 14-30 Vdc
- 4-20 mA
- -40° to 200° C (-40° to 392° F)
- ± 0.8 % of Full Scale
Sensor / Probe Material
- 316L Stainless Steel
- Hastelloy C-22
- ES with HART-Protocol & 2 NAMUR-Switches - Transmitter
- Flow Measurement & Monitoring
- Adjusting and control of liquid and gaseous products
- Ideal for processes under difficult and adverse operating conditions.