Images are representations only.
SWK Variable Area FlowmeterBrand: KOBOLD Instruments, Inc.
KOBOLD flow meters and monitors of model SWK operate on the known suspended float principle, however without using the generally known conical measuring tube.
An orifice float moves in the direction of flow against the force of a spring in a cylindrical guide tube. The float contains a permanent magnet which operates a floating sealed contact (reed contact) mounted on the outside. The instruments are small and can be mounted in any orientation.
Model SWK flow switches are ideally suited for monitoring low flows.
- Cooling Circuits
- Glass-Melting Tanks
- Induction Furnaces
- Infusion Pumps
- Lubricant Circuits
- Machine Tools
- Paper Machines
- Welding Machines
Approvals & Certifications
- ATEX - Zone 1
- G 1/2" Female
- 1 m PVC Cable
- Changeover Contact
- Normally Open
- Changeover Contact: 100 Vac/dc, 0.5 A, 5 W/VA, Maximum
- Switch Contact: Bistable Reed Contact 230 Vac/dc, 3 A, 60 W/VA, Maximum
Enclosure / Body Material
- 304 Stainless Steel
- Brass ms 58, Nickel-Plated
- 3 mm on Scale - Switching Hysterisis
Materials of Construction
- 304L Stainless Steel - Float Material
- Brass ms 58 - Float Material
- Ceramic - Magnets
- PVC - Float Material
Maximum System Pressure
- psi: 3,626 (kPa: 25,000, bar: 250)
- Any Orientation
- ± 4 % of Full Scale - Indicator
- ≤ ± 2.5 % of Full Scale - Contact
- 304 Stainless Steel - Butt Rings
- Brass ms 58- Butt Rings
- PVC - Butt Rings
- 301 Stainless Steel - Compression Spring
Switch Point Range
- Water: 0.05 to 24 L/minute