Images are representations only.
KAL-A Calorimetric Meter/SwitchBrand: KOBOLD Instruments, Inc.
The KOBOLD KAL-A uses the calorimetric principle to continuously monitor the flow of low viscosity water-based media. Flow rate is transmitted via a 4-20 mA output while an optional PNP switch provides an alarm function.
The transmission capability of the KAL-A is made possible by the high degree of temperature stability provided by its “intelligent” microprocessor based design. This digital approach also enables the use of a single RTD element to both heat the probe tip and measure it’s temperature.
Integrating the heating measuring functions allows the probe to be machined into a single, continuous, protrusion-free surface. The absence of protrusions prevents contaminant from building up on the probe tip.
These design enhancements improve the KAL’s performance in two ways:
- The KAL's sensing stability is increased because contaminants cannot thermally isolate the prove from the liquid.
- System down-time associated with probe cleaning is dramatically decreased.
- Response Time: 5.6 Seconds
- Fittings: 1/2" and 3/4", 1-1/2" Tri-Clamp
- Maximum Pressure: 1450 psig
- Temperature Rating: -18° to 80° C (0° to 176° F)
- Wetted Parts: 304/316 Stainless Steel
- Housing: NEMA 4 (PA6)
- Supply Voltage: 24 ± 2 Vdc
- Signal Type: 4-20mA, 3-wire into 500 Ω max.
- Linearity: ±10% of full range
- Repeatability: ±1% of full scale
- Zero Adjustment: 0-75% of range
- Span Adjustment: 25-100% of range
- Micro DC Connector with 6 feet of Cable
- NEMA 4 / IP66
Maximum System Pressure
- 0.07 bar
- 6.9 kPa
- psig: 1,450
- 1/2" NPT Male
- 3/4" NPT Male
Operating Temperature - Sensor
- -18° to 80° C (0° to 176° F)
- 4-20 mA
Principle of Operation
- Thermal, Calorimetric
- 5.6 seconds
- 24 Vdc ± 10 %
- PNP Switch
- 1-1/2" Tri-Clamp
- Stainless Steel