Images are representations only.
AFK-G Humidity/Temperature Measuring InstrumentBrand: KOBOLD Instruments, Inc.
The KOBOLD range AFK-G humidity/temperature sensors are sensors for measuring relative humidity and temperature (optional) in air and other non-aggressive gases for an operating temperature to 200° C.
The high pressure variant can be used up to a pressure of 25 bar. The sensors are thus ideally suited for measuring humidity in industrial processes. The sensors are based on capacitive metrology which is reasonably-priced, maintenance-free and highly accurate.
Capacitive humidity sensor elements form the basis of these sensors. An electrode system, a moisture-sensitive polymer layer and a gold layer that is permeable to vapour are situated on a small thin glass or ceramic substrate.
Since the hygroscopic polymer layer can absorb water molecules that alter its dielectric constant, this layered system acts as a moisture-dependant capacitor, whose capacitance is a measure of the surrounding relative humidity.
The change in capacitance is converted to an electrical output signal by electronics normally mounted on the humidity sensor element. Both parts form a capacitive humidity sensor that can be adjusted using humidity references.
Accuracy is approximately ±2% RH. The transmitters offer a 4-20 mA Analog output for relative humidity and a second 4-20 mA output for temperature when specified.
- ± 0.3 K - Measuring Accuracy
- ± 2 % Relative Humidity (For Range 5 to 95 % Relative Humidity & 10° to 40° C)
Ambient Temperature Range
- -40° to 80° C (-40° to 176° F) - Transmitter
- Bakery Technology
- Monitoring Air Conditioning Systems, Drying Plant, Humidifiers & Dehumidifiers
- R & D (E.g: Environmental Engineering)
- Ripening Warehouses for Food
- Pt 100, Category B: (According to DIN IEC 751) - Measuring Element
- 0 to 100 % Relative Humidity - Measuring Range
- 24 mA - Each Measuring Channel
- 1,000 ohms - Maximum
Maximum System Pressure
- psi: 362.6 (kPa: 2,500, bar: 25)
- Duct Mount
- Wall Mounted
- -25° to 125° C (-13° to 257° F)
Operating Temperature - Sensor
- -60° to 200° C (-76° to 392° F)
- 12-30 Vdc
- 4-20 mA - Analog Output
- 1 Minute: (T 90 at 1 m/sec)
- EN 50082-2 - Noise Immunity
- EN 55011, Class B - Emitted Interference
Sensor / Probe Material
- Stainless Steel
- -25° to 200° C (-13° to 392° F) - Measuring Range